If you are looking for a great introduction to the Unreal Engine and get a crash course in how to build awesome games, then this Unreal Bootcamp is just for you.
This is a hands on workshop lead by three veteran developers of the Unreal Engine team: Sjoerd De Jong, Zak Parrish, and Alan Willard who together represent over 50 years of experience with the Unreal Engine.
During the Bootcamp you will build a small but fun and visually pleasing game, that touches upon a wide variety of features and workflows within the engine. The goal: to leave you empowered to build great looking games in Unreal Engine 4.
The Bootcamp takes place on Friday 27th April at the Scandic Hotel Potsdamer Platz. Registration commences at 9.30am. The session commences at 10am and goes through to 1pm. After the Bootcamp, you’re invited to join the networking lunch taking place in the Unreal Fest Conference.
Price is €20 and you can book your place through Eventbrite
- You must be over 18
- You must bring your own laptop
- You must have installed the appropriate version of the engine (4.19) and have downloaded the required workshop content, which we will send you the link to a few days in advance. The engine is free to download and use
- Some experience with any form of game development is strongly advised
- The content is designed to be suitable for developers with varying backgrounds. Whether you are a programmer, an artist or a designer you will enjoy following along
What you will learn about in this Bootcamp:
Introduction to the Unreal Engine editor and insight in how the gameplay framework is set up in the engine.
Gameplay scripting using Blueprint
- Understanding Blueprint fundamentals
- Working with Game Modes, Pawns, Cameras, and Input
- Setting up shooting mechanics
- Creating enemies
- How to animate objects over paths
- Tracking score and winning and losing conditions
- Learn about level building by authoring an apartment room
- A look at creating your own materials
- Post processing
Where to go from here and how to find additional learning resources